Our 2019 FBT Return Update Essentials webinar will provide you with the springboard to launch your 2019 FBT return work.
With a number of recent and anticipated key changes announced, this is a must attend webinar.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas to focus on when preparing or reviewing the 2019 FBT return. The particular focus areas include Entertainment, Employee Expenses, Cars, Car Parking and Relocation / Mobility.
Paul will highlight the common mistakes, both technical and process, and dispel the many myths.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2019 FBT return and Payment Summary reporting. A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2019 including:
• Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
• The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses and the distinction between business travel and living away from home
• The latest on FBT and car parking
• The ATO position on taxi expenses and ride sharing arrangements including Uber
• Discussion of current ATO audit strategies and compliance activities
• An understanding of how to prepare the 2019 Australian FBT Return form and documentation requirements.
The key benefit areas and valuation methods including:
• Cars – Statutory Formula Method
• Cars – Operating Cost Method (including Logbook requirements)
• Car Parking and the practical challenges
• Entertainment analysis and the distinction between meal entertainment and refreshment or sustenance
• Employee expenses
• Relocations, mobility, LAFHA, expatriates and remote area
• Claiming exemptions and concessions
• Client war stories including the financial impact and impact on employees
This webinar is a must attend for those responsible for preparing or reviewing the 2019 Australian FBT return, Payment Summary reporting, whether experienced, new to FBT or requiring a refresher, working in Practice, Commerce, Not for Profit or Government sectors, including:
Paul Mather, Founder and Director of FBT Salary Packaging Solutions is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in Australia and New Zealand, with over 20 years of specialist experience in FBT, Salary Packaging and Payroll. Paul’s client base ranges from large corporates, multi-nationals, SME’s, start-ups, not for profits and Government organisations.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Helping you to launch your 2019 FBT Season!