The ATO has finally released its ruling on the immediate income tax consequences of a trust vesting. This webinar examines the key issues, including the importance of planning for the vesting of a trust.
Mark Molesworth, BDO tax partner will cover the following:
• Does the trust vesting trigger a taxing point?
• Accounting for income in the year that the trust vests - allocation of pre-vesting and post-vesting net income
• Can a trustee continue to exercise discretion when making distributions after a trust vests?
• Absolute entitlement rights for beneficiary when trust has vested
• Can the vesting date be extended post facto?
• Examining the terms of the trust deed on vesting
• What happens if trust has vested but discovered late?
This webinar is suited to professionals who deal with trusts in their client bases and will be focussed on practical outcomes and steps that can be taken.
Mark Molesworth, BDO tax partner.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to participate in Q&A
Find out how the ATO will treat the vesting of a trust.