'For profit' entities preparing financial statements for 30 June 2019 have to mandatorily apply and disclose the impact of adopting the new AASB 9 and 15, as well as disclose the expected impact of AASB 16 from 1 July 2019. The new AASB 9 & 15 include extensive disclosure requirements and this should not be underestimated.
In this Webinar we will discuss standards and interpretations effective for the first time in 30 June 2019 full year and 30 June 2019 half year financial statements. We will also consider the following:
• Standards issued but not effective yet
• IFRS Interpretations Committee items
• Australian specific update
• Treasury amendments
• AASB proposal re special purpose financial statements
• Update to corporate governance principles
• Crowd funding
• ASIC enforcement decisions
• Nor-for-Profit developments
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be familiar with the recent developments in the accounting world including the disclosures required by the new AASB 9, 15, 16 and 1058.
Preparers and auditors of financial reports.
Aletta Boshoff is a Partner and National Leader in IFRS Advisory at BDO Australia. Aletta has over 25 years’ experience in financial reporting and accounting, including IFRS. Aletta prides herself on her technical excellence, approachability, and the ability to solve problems practically. Aletta loves accounting and accounting standards, but she is also of the view that it's only when you try and apply that knowledge that you are really challenged and that it is only then that you fully appreciate the nuances of IFRS.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
An update on the latest developments in the accounting world - just in time 30 June!