To get the tax effect accounting right, you must understand the accounting treatment and the technical tax outcome, as well as how to account for differences between the two. In part 1 of the TEA webinars we will focus on:
• What tax expense represents
• Calculating current tax expense
• Calculating deferred tax expense
• Key Journal entries
• Disclosures in financial reports
A major part of the session will be working with practical examples.
Part 2 of the Tax Effect Accounting will cover the determination of deferred tax assets and liabilities, the calculation of deferred tax assets and liabilities as well as some key technical issues.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand why tax effect accounting is required
• Calculate current and deferred tax expense
• Determine journal entries
• Corporate tax specialists and advisors will find the session useful as a core learning tool or as a refresher on key concepts
• Firms of all sizes will benefit from the session
Paul Mills has worked in the corporate tax practice at PwC for over 20 years, advising clients on a range of transactions.
For the past seven years, Paul has been responsible for PwC’s national tax technical education program. He is now commencing his own tax advisory business.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
Correctly reflecting tax outcomes in financial accounts is imperative for finance teams, boards and investors alike.