The ESIC concessions offer highly attractive incentives to investors, and for qualifying companies make a great case for enticing new investors.
The ESIC concessions have been in play since 1 July 2016. The concessions for investors are of enormous benefit, including:
• A 20% tax offset up to $200,000
• Capital gains tax exemptions for disposals within 10 years
• Market value cost base at 10 year mark for disposals after 10 years
For any corporates attempting to raise equity, this concession is highly attractive, should you meet the requirements.
We take a look at the requirements to qualify and apply them to a practical set of facts.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand the concessions available for investors
• Understand the criteria to be met to be an ESIC
• Corporate taxpayers with innovative products/ideas which have been incorporated for less than 6 years
• Advisors with start-up clients looking to raise funds
Paul Mills has worked in the corporate tax practice at PwC for over 20 years, advising clients on a range of transactions.
For the past seven years, Paul has been responsible for PwC’s national tax technical education program. He is now commencing his own tax advisory business.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
12 September 2019