Broaden your knowledge on aged care and home care as we enter into the festive season also known as the aged care season.
The coming festive season is when families and friends come together, it is also a time when your clients may realise their mums, dads, grandmas and grandpas are not as well and independent as they had been 12 months ago. This webinar will provide professionals an overview of the key types of care available and costs associated with accessing this care.
The topics covered include:
1. Types of care delivered at home and costs associated with them, CHSP, Home Care Packaged and private care. How to calculate the fees associated with a Home Care Package inc Basic Daily Fee and Income Tested Care Fee
2. Access to other types of care including respite and costs associated with this short term care
3. Residential Aged Care: cost of residential aged care inc accommodation payments, Basic Daily Fee and Means Tested Care Fee
4. Retirement Communities and care plans offered when moving home may be an option.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Understand the types of care available from home care through to Residential aged care. Professional will learn the following:
1. Understand the costs and types of care available
2. Issues relating to choice and options of different types of care
3. Acquire the knowledge to assist and guide clients through a variety of choices.
4. Provide holistic financial advice on matters relating to Retirement living and residential aged care.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe Head of Research and Technical Advice: Responsible for developing and delivering the content for a variety of accredited retirement communities and residential aged care workshops to Financial Planners, Lawyers and Accountants. Jemma also conducts ongoing research into this industry and provides technical support and assistance to the national network of Aged Care Guru Advisers.
Jemma is a lecturer and tutor at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Jemma delivers subjects such as Equity Valuation and Corporate Finance. Jemma has provided consulting advice in course and content development to several Universities and has a background in equities research, consulting and Chartered accounting. Jemma holds a Masters of Applied Finance, B. Business and is a CPA.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
20 November 2019