Granny Flat Rights/Life interests and Home Care packages as a choice of accommodation for senior Australians.
Granny Flat rights and life interests:
The idea of family looking after family is not a new story, it has been happening for generations. But what can seem like a simple solution – parents living safely with children close by if help is needed involves a range of legal and financial issues and specialist advice is required.
This webinar provides an overview of the various forms of granny flat arrangements and legal consequences of such an arrangement. We briefly look at the financial impact to the client including eligibility for pension entitlements and rent assistance.
Home Care Packages:
Many people think of aged care as a service provided in an aged care facility but in fact most people access some form of support in their own home. Currently there are around 1 million people in Australia who receive aged care services and around 80% receive that care in their own homes. This webinar outlines and discusses the different forms of care services available to people outside residential aged care and the costs associated with it.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
On completion of this webinar you will be able to:
• Explain the different forms of granny flat arrangements.
• Identify potential legal consequences arising from different arrangements.
• Identify the potential impacts to pension, rent assistance and deprivation rules.
• Explain the different forms of care services available outside residential aged care.
• Understand the various costs associated with accessing care at home.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe Head of Research and Technical Advice: Responsible for developing and delivering the content for a variety of accredited retirement communities and residential aged care workshops to Financial Planners, Lawyers and Accountants. Jemma also conducts ongoing research into this industry and provides technical support and assistance to the national network of Aged Care Guru Advisers.
Jemma is a lecturer and tutor at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Jemma delivers subjects such as Equity Valuation and Corporate Finance. Jemma has provided consulting advice in course and content development to several Universities and has a background in equities research, consulting and Chartered accounting. Jemma holds a Masters of Applied Finance, B. Business and is a CPA.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter