What are some of the important elements professionals need to know when providing clients with aged care advice?
Understanding the changing landscape of aged care. This is webinar designed to provide finance and business professional with an overview and understanding of this complex and evolving industry. It will outline the different types of living arrangements and financial impact senior Australian’s and their families are often faced with.
This is a foundation webinar for those wanting to develop an understanding of the tips and traps about aged care industry, the webinar will provide:
1. A brief overview of the retirement living and aged care industry current state of play
2. The role of the retirement villages and land lease communities play in this industry
3. Granny flat and home care market the growing and evolving market
4. Residential aged care
5. Challenges and opportunities facing the industry
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this webinar, attendees will be able:
• Identify and discuss the key drivers of the Aged Care industry
• Identify the different accommodation choices for residents.
• Understand the residential aged care fees and charges.
• Evaluate and consider the legal, financial, assess and affordability of a variety of residential care options.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe Head of Research and Technical Advice: Responsible for developing and delivering the content for a variety of accredited retirement communities and residential aged care workshops to Financial Planners, Lawyers and Accountants. Jemma also conducts ongoing research into this industry and provides technical support and assistance to the national network of Aged Care Guru Advisers.
Jemma is a lecturer and tutor at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Jemma delivers subjects such as Equity Valuation and Corporate Finance. Jemma has provided consulting advice in course and content development to several Universities and has a background in equities research, consulting and Chartered accounting. Jemma holds a Masters of Applied Finance, B. Business and is a CPA.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
25 September 2019