What’s the best option for a farming family business?
Choosing an appropriate structure for a farming family business is not a simple process. There are many aspects which need to be taken into consideration and there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ solution.
This webinar will provide insight into the key factors that should inform the decision-making process when selecting a structure for a farming family business.
It is vital to identify the attributes/features that are relevant to each business and important points to be considered include:
• Risks associated Agricultural enterprises;
• Tax-related features within the different structures;
• Other factors such as exit strategy, succession planning, funding requirements, estate planning; and
• Trading between entities.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• What structures are available
• The process undertaken to determine an appropriate structure
• Features relevant to farming families in determining an appropriate structure
• Pros & cons of various structures and their impact on deciding which is most appropriate for the farming family business.
Agribusiness sector and their professional advisors.
Jodie Knowlton, Associate Director is a BDO business services advisory, taxation and accounting professional with more than 18 years’ experience, who has a passion to help clients own and operate organisations they are proud of. Jodie has a keen interest in the food and agriculture industry (pre and post farm gate) which stems from her being raised on a cattle farm in SE Queensland. This provides Jodie with a valuable insight into rural life and a strong desire to assist clients in agriculture industry to implement a collaborative, respectful and structured process to understand their position so they can develop and deliver on a vision for the future of their organisation and their family.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
20 August 2019