Transform difficult conversations into constructive, focussed discussions that build stronger relationships.
Unfortunately, difficult conversations are inevitable so being able to navigate them successfully is incredibly important to achieving results.
This webinar will introduce you to simple and effective tools so you can stay calm and focus on the desired outcomes even when a conversation becomes difficult. This will save you time and energy and help you achieve your goals.
Developing these skills will broaden and deepen your capabilities and build your confidence to have conversations about tough topics with relative ease. You will no longer need to avoid, put-off or fear tough conversations!
You will learn:
• best-practice conversation techniques and dialogue skills to save you time, such as how to simply and professionally re-focus or centre a conversation
• simple, empirically valid and practical strategies to manage difficult moments, people and topics that can be applied in any conversation
• how to dramatically increase your self-awareness and emotional intelligence about how you handle difficult conversation and related avoidance behaviour
This session will be interactive. It includes case studies and further reading references.
Attendees will also receive a copy of our The Amplify Group’s latest blog article entitled “The 5 Fundamentals of High-quality Conversations’.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Learn how to use conversation structure to your advantage, so you can plan how to drive performance and build relationships as well as discuss the actual conversation topic.
• Gain insight into the latest research on how great conversations improve performance, and results – even with difficult people.
• A series of validated behaviour practices that you can apply to difficult conversations in any situation.
This is a practical webinar suited to financial and legal professionals who find themselves having to hold difficult conversations or address difficult topics with clients, peers, teams or stakeholders. For experienced professionals it will update existing skills sets with some of the latest thinking and research, and it provides and excellent introduction for those who want to build their conversation skills for the first time.
Deborah Assheton is the owner and director of The Amplify Group, a business that uses best-practice frameworks to deliver practical, high-impact leadership, change and inter-personal skill building workshops. Deb’s passion is to help professionals deepen their self-awareness and embed behaviour that creates new levels of performance, engagement and results for them.
Deb has over twenty years’ experience in Executive Leadership positions where she has managed very large teams of more 3,000 people for some of Australia’s best known and highly regarded companies including Vodafone, BUPA and OPSM. Deb holds a BA (Psychology) and a Masters of Organisational Coaching (Sydney University). Deb’s clients span the retail and wholesale property management, banking, legal, technology, transport and motoring, and telecommunications industries.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenters
23 October 2019