A practical guide to incapacity, death and the importance of proper and tailored estate planning for your clients and their loved ones.
Gone are the days when a simple will was all that was required to transfer wealth from one generation to the next on the death of a person. With our changing family landscapes, our ageing population and the complexities of business and asset structures, more sophisticated estate plans are required to ensure that our client’s objectives are met in the most practical and financially appealing way.
This webinar will provide a high-level practical overview of the many aspects of estate planning including, but not limited to:
• What is Estate Planning?
• Why is it so important?
• The basics every estate plan should take into account
• Incapacity documents and what happens if they are not in place
• Will drafting essentials
• The different types of testamentary trusts and their benefits
• Superannuation and its importance in estate planning
• Trusts and companies – holistic estate planning
• Will challenges and ways to attempt to prevent a successful claim
• Practical case studies
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees of this seminar will learn about the estate planning process, why it is so important and how it may be applied for their clients.
• Lawyers who practice in wills and estates or are new to the area
• Financial planners
• Business advisors
Adeline Schiralli, Consulting Principal, Keypoint Law – Acc. Spec. (Wills & Estates).
Adeline is an accomplished estate planning and elder law solicitor with extensive experience developing comprehensive and practical estate plans that suit the individual circumstances of her clients. Prior to joining Keypoint Law as a Consulting Principal, Adeline was a Senior Associate in the Wills and Estates team of a large prominent suburban firm. Adeline holds a Masters of Law (Applied Law) in which she majored in Wills and Estates and is a member of the NSW Law Society’s Elder Law, Capacity & Succession Committee. Adeline was also listed in the Doyles Guide 2017 as a “Rising Star” in the category of Wills, Estates and Succession Planning and is a Law Society Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter