What do you need to know as the economic tectonic plates shift?
Trump, Brexit, trade wars and the global economy directly impact all types of businesses. Recession fears, low interest rates and a falling Australian dollar are relevant to many types of businesses big and small.
This webinar looks at these issues and how they can impact your clients:
• Is a global trade war a threat to Australia?
• Who does Australia trade with and how might we be affected?
• Is a lower A$ a good or bad thing? How can clients take advantage?
• Will the RBA send rates lower and what does this mean for businesses – is it a good time to borrow or invest?
• How might clients with an SMSF be affected by these global issues?
We will look at scenarios that might impact businesses from importers to service industries and investors.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• the implications for Australia of global economic events.
• how you might help your clients use developments to their advantage.
This webinar is suitable for all professions such as accounting, law and financial advice. It is relevant to businesses across all areas of the economy.
David McDonald, Principal, McDonald Investment Consulting.
David is an experienced investment professional, researcher and writer. He is an independent consultant focused on researching and communicating economic, investment and industry themes. He was previously the Chief Investment Strategist for Credit Suisse Private Banking in Australia and chair of the local investment committee. He has over 30 years’ experience in financial markets. David has worked as an economist, investment strategist, and portfolio manager. David has worked in asset management in Australia and the UK. He started his career as an economist with the Australian government in Canberra. He holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Graduate Diploma in Economics from the Australian National University and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to participate in Q&A