Salary Packaging remains a popular remuneration strategy for many employers. However, many employers, and more importantly their employees, are missing out on the opportunity provided by Salary Packaging.
Salary Packaging provides a key solution to offering flexible remuneration to your employees, by providing Employee’s with a pay increase at no additional cost to the Employer. For FBT exempt and rebateable employers Salary Packaging remains a key policy component of remuneration.
The application of the FBT rules will be explained in detail. Key benefits covered in this webinar include Cars, Car Parking, Relocation, LAFH benefits, Remote Area benefits and other Exempt Benefits.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
By attending the webinar, attendees will be provided with an understanding of salary packaging cars and a variety of other benefits. Guidance will be provided on what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available.
• The webinar assists attendees in understanding the concept of salary packaging and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrificing for employers and employees.
• Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging of cars and other benefits
• The webinar covers the following:
o Understand the concept of salary packaging
o Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
o How to salary package
o Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
o Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
o Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
o Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
o Salary Packaging of:
b) Car Parking
c) Relocation & LAFH benefits
d) Remote Area benefits
e) Portable Electronic Devices including Laptops / Tablets
f) Airline Lounge Memberships
g) School Fees (Expatriates)
h) Mortgage, Rent, Credit Cards
o Understand the key challenges
This webinar is suited to those in practice or corporate roles, from beginners to advanced, those involved in FBT reporting or management / policy of salary packaging, including:
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
• Tax Accountants
• HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
• Payroll Accountants
• Payroll Managers and their teams
• Finance Managers
• Financial Accountants
• Management Accountants
• Tax Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
Paul Mather, Founder and Director of FBT Salary Packaging Solutions has over 20 years hands-on, Salary Packaging and FBT experience. Paul is a current member of the ATO’s FBT Working Group and the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group. Paul was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013. An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• Q&A Session and the presenters contact details for follow up questions