In this climate of ‘wages theft’, proposed Amnesty and Single Touch Payroll, this is the time to review SG obligations.
This session will cover:
• the currently proposed Superannuation Guarantee (‘SG’) Amnesty and how to take advantage of voluntary disclosures.
• the latest developments in the area of SG (including leave loading), including practical implications and examples.
There has been a significant ongoing campaign by the ATO in recent times including:
• to identify and review employers who have not met their SG obligations.
• Also, the ATO now has unprecedented access to company data through single-touch payroll (‘STP’) systems.
• The ATO announced in mid-October 2019 that it is set to notify 2,500 employers for paying their SG contributions late during 2018-19 year, due to STP data accessed for that financial year.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
This webinar will increase awareness of SG compliance risk areas.
Attendees from all industry and the profession, and will provide an introduction as well as advanced topics.
Judy White is an Associate Director in the Tax division of BDO and has more than twenty years’ experience in the accounting profession. Judy provides a wide range of business services and taxation advice to a portfolio of small to large businesses, not-for-profit organisations and financial services organisations. She understands the application of various taxes to businesses and their day-to-day interaction. Judy has developed an expert speciality in Fringe Benefits Tax and employment taxes generally. Judy also has a passion for presenting. Judy has a Bachelor of Business – Accounting (with Distinction) Queensland University of Technology; and is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• Q&A Session and the presenters contact details for follow up