Correctly reflecting tax outcomes in financial accounts is imperative for finance teams, boards and investors alike.
To get the tax effect accounting right, you must understand the accounting treatment and the technical tax outcome, as well as how to account for differences between the two. In part 2 of the TEA webinars, we switch our attention to deferred taxes, focussing on:
- Determining temporary differences for assets and liabilities
- Determining deferred tax assets (DTAs) and deferred tax liabilities (DTLs)
- Technical issues arising (e.g. goodwill, consolidation)
A major part of the session will be working with practical examples.
Part 1 of this webinar series focussed on the calculation of current tax expense and deferred tax expense as well as disclosures in the accounts.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- Calculate the tax base of assets and liabilities
- Determine deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Understand the treatment of particular technical matters
- Corporate tax specialists and advisors will find the session useful as a core learning tool or as a refresher on key concepts
- Firms of all sizes will benefit from the session
Paul Mills has worked in the corporate tax practice at PwC for over 20 years, advising clients on a range of transactions.
Paul was responsible for PwC’s national tax technical education program for 6 years up to 2018. He now runs his own tax advisory business, as well as operating the tax practice of Keystone Private Advisory.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter