Safe Harbour was introduced to encourage business recovery and COVID-19 has made it more relevant then ever.
Safe Harbour legislation was introduced in 2017 to encourage directors to pursue business recovery rather than enter administration or liquidation by providing protection from insolvent trading liability.
COVID-19 has seen many healthy business experience immediate and severe financial stress which is impacting solvency. The Government legislated a 6 moratorium on insolvent trading liability however directors have other duties to consider and as the moratorium expires Safe Harbour can operate to extend protection and act as a framework for effective business recovery.
Content of this webinar will include:
• An overview of the Safe Harbour process
• Why the COVID-19 insolvent trading liability moratorium does not fully protect directors
• How Safe Harbour can be used as an effective tool to manage through COVID-19 business recovery
• How Safe Harbour impacts restructuring outcomes and director liability
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• A better understanding of the Safe Harbour process and purpose
• Risks to company directors in the current environment
• Practical guidance on how to use Safe Harbour
• Accountants & business advisors
• Solicitors and Lawyers
• Business owners
• Company directors and Advisory Board me
Shaun McKinnon is an Advisory Partner with BDO in Brisbane, specialising in Corporate Finance and Restructuring services. Shaun’s experience in Corporate Finance is primarily in the form of acquisition and vendor financial due diligence assignments and private capital raisings while his Restructuring experience includes a broad spectrum of advisory and formal roles assisting underperforming businesses and their financiers.
Andrew Fielding is the National lead of BDO’s Business Restructuring Service Line in Queensland. He also leads BDO’s Debt Advisory Service Line, comprising of a team of former bankers, assisting Banks to reach resolutions and restructure debt. Andrew specialises in handling large and complex matters involving investigating accountants’ reports, pre-lending reviews, performance evaluations and formal assignments for secured lenders.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to participate in Q&A