Government Tax Relief, wage subsidy and other support for business.
COVID-19 has dramatically impacted business cash-flow and the New Zealand Government has responded with a raft of tax and business measures to support business.
This webinar is for Australian businesses operating or planning to operate in New Zealand with an emphasis on:
• Government tax relief including the cash generating “loss carry-back scheme”.
• The employer wage subsidy scheme – how to apply.
• Other tax-saving ideas when doing business in NZ in COVID-19 times.
This webinar will also incorporate tax-related changes announced in the May 2020 Budget.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees can expect to learn about Government tax and other concessions applying to businesses operating in New Zealand with an emphasis on Australian businesses with or planning New Zealand operations.
Accountants, lawyers and businesses operating or thinking about doing business in New Zealand.
The content is pitched at an introductory to intermediate level and applies to small to medium businesses.
Maurits van den Berg is a Senior Manager Taxation Services at Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Auckland. Maurits has a special interest in cross-border business and the associated GST and income tax issues. Maurits is also a co-author of the popular CCH publication “A Practical Guide to Taxing Property Transactions”. Maurits has made appearances on Radio New Zealand and Television New Zealand talking about tax.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions