What you and your clients must know before this Payroll EOY.
2019/20 has been the most intense year ever for payroll related changes for Businesses and their Advisors.
The payroll year kicked off with the mass rollout of Single Touch Payroll (STP) to the majority of Small to Medium sized businesses in July 2019 and is closing out with JobKeeper and the continuing uncertainty of the Coronavirus impact on employers, employees and their Advisors alike.
In between each of these landmark events there have also been significant payroll related cases that are set to impact you and your clients, a SGC Amnesty, Fair Work Changes and the usual “tweaks of the payroll system” that both clients and advisors must be aware of.
This session is designed to bring you up to speed on what’s new, what’s changed and what needs to happen this end of year (and by when) and how you can assist your clients in making this end of year as painless as possible.
Webinar Learning Outcomes;
• What needs to happen before the STP End of Year Finalisation process occurs in client’s payroll systems
• What is? and How do you? process an STP – EOY Finalisation
• What current exemptions and deferrals are still available for STP and How Accountants apply for these exemptions and deferrals for their clients
• Details required in Client Engagement letters for STP to cover
o Lodging Pay events on behalf of clients
o EOY Finalisation
• What STP data will be prefilled into returns, where and by when
• The rules governing Micro and Closely Held Employers
• What happens if clients have changed software providers during the year
• The expanded Taxable Payments Annual Reporting (TPAR) and clients impacted
• The practical impact of landmark payroll cases handed down this year
• JobKeeper – reporting and reconciling in the books to 30 June
• Discover the areas of payroll that clients are struggling with and why?
• The opportunity to create greater client connections with a payroll systems review
This session is best suited to Accountants / BAS or Tax Agents who are involved (or will be involved) in any aspect of Payroll assistance (Including STP) for their clients.
Clayton Oates is an Accounting Technologist who for the past 5 years has been named as a Top Accounting Technology Leader by USA CPA Practice Advisor.
Importantly Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life in Tax at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business continues to help thousands of SMB's and their advisors in the use of Accounting & Business systems solutions.
Clayton has also been extensively involved over 20 years in consulting to SMB’s on Payroll Systems plus more recently on Single Touch Payroll rollout which has enabled him to gain unique insights in the practical application of the Payroll & STP system.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times
• An opportunity to participate in Q&A