In this webinar Paul Mather will discuss key Salary Packaging strategies from both an employer and employee perspective. These strategies will be illustrated through practical examples.
Key topics covered will include:
- Salary Packaging – the opportunity for all employers and their employee’s
- Not-For-Profit Sector maximising the opportunity
- Flexible commuting with Uber (and other ride sharing arrangements) difference
- Electric Bicycles - the new way
- The value in packaging Car Parking
- The hidden Luxury Car trap
- The double win for families with Associate Leasing
- The golden opportunity, past, present and future for Relocating and Mobile Employees
- The importance of Policies for both the Employer and Employee
- COVID challenges and strategies with Salary Packaging
Attendees will be provided with an understanding of salary packaging. Guidance will be provided on what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available.
- The webinar assists attendees in understanding the concept of salary packaging and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrificing for employers and employees.
- Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging of cars and other benefits
The webinar covers the following:
- Understand the concept of salary packaging
- Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
- How to salary package
- Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
- Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
- Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
- Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
- Salary Packaging of exempt benefits
- Understand the key challenges in a COVID environment
Those in practice, corporate roles, from beginners to advanced, including accountants, tax accountants, human resources personnel, payroll teams, fleet managers and salary packaging managers.
Paul Mather, Director, FBT Salary Packaging Solutions.
Paul is an accomplished tax practitioner and trainer with over 25 years’ experience. Most recently, Paul has over 10 years’ experience running his own practice specialising in FBT & Salary Packaging. Prior to that, Paul was with EY specializing in Employment Taxes and Indirect Taxes.
Paul is a current member of the ATO’s FBT Working Group representing the Salary Packaging industry. Paul was a member of the former ATO’s National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
You will also be provided with:
- The PowerPoint Presentation Slide Deck
- Any Supporting Documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- Q&A Session & follow up contact details