Please download the PowerPoint presentation from here.
Insights from AFCA on avoiding and managing complaints, with a focus on financial advice and investments.
Facts & figures – what do consumers complain about?
Natalie Cameron, AFCA’s Lead Ombudsman for Investments & Advice, will take you inside AFCA for a look at the financial services complaints authority’s 2019/2020 complaints statistics and trends.
What is AFCA’s role?
Natalie will give you a refresher on the role AFCA plays in resolving complaints, and its fairness jurisdiction.
Dispute resolution skills;
Natalie will provide you with AFCA’s Top 10 Tips for avoiding and managing complaints, with a focus on financial advice. What better time to polish up those communication skills, with markets and customers under Covid-19 pressure.
• An understanding of the purpose and role of AFCA
• Insights into consumer complaints about financial firms and advisers
• Identifying and managing non-financial risk through complaints data
• Practical tips for avoiding and managing complaints
• Financial advice and investment firms
• Financial advisers, stockbrokers
• Financial services consumer advocates
• Lawyers and in-house compliance professionals in financial services, especially in the investments and advice fields
• Introductory session
Natalie Cameron, Lead Ombudsman Investments & Advice AFCA.
Ms Cameron began her career at Clayton Utz, where she completed her articles and became a solicitor focusing on insurance and litigation. She then worked with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) focusing on regulatory policy and markets.
In 2005, Ms Cameron moved into industry, where she operated as the General Counsel and Company Secretary for AIA Australia. As a member of the executive committee, she was responsible for all litigation, disputes and complaints resolution. Ms Cameron’s time at AIA Australia also spanned roles managing operations, pricing, distributor relationships and product. She later became CEO of AIA New Zealand. Prior to joining AFCA, Ms Cameron was the Chief of Customer Operations for MLC Life Insurance.
You will be provided with:
• Any supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to participate in Q&A
Please click 'Register' and enter a few details. Then you can watch the Webinar Recording multiple times for up to 6 months.