The Company Secretary in 2016: Duties and Obligations
This webinar introduces you to the duties and obligations that company secretaries have in 2016.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
This webinar will pay particular focus on the requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
There is both a practical and theoretical approach and it is designed for those individuals already working in the role of company secretary (or wishing to step into that role) in small to medium size companies.
The webinar covers:
• The history of the company secretary’s role in the company
• The company secretary in 2016
• The company secretary as the Chief Administrative Officer and agent of the company
• The company secretary as a governance professional
• Obligations of the company secretary under s 188 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
• Duties of the company secretary as an officer of the company under general law and the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
• Consequences of breaching duties
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• To understand the role of the company secretary as a governance professional
• To determine the responsibilities of the company secretary and their obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and other duties.
Accountants, company secretaries, other company officers and company directors in small to medium size companies.
Find out more about the newly launched CCH Company Docs service including 12 months free access to the ‘Corpliance’ online corporate secretarial package.