Directors Duties including Corporate Insolvency
Undersand common law and statutory duties and ASIC?s power to enforce
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
This webinar introduces you to director’s duties at common law and also under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) with a particular focus on the insolvency provisions.
There is both a practical and theoretical approach and it is designed for those individuals acting as company directors (or wishing to step into that role) in small to medium size companies.
The webinar covers:
• Common law, equitable and statutory duties of Directors
• Other Director’s duties which also arise under other statutes
• Insolvent Trading - Director’s must keep monitoring company’s financial position and avoid insolvency.
• Insider Trading - Directors must not misuse company’s confidential information
• ASIC’s power to enforce statutory duties: civil and/or criminal consequences.
• Insurance and Indemnities
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• The fundamental legal duties associated with being Officer/Director of a corporation.
• ASIC’s powers in relation to breaches of Directors duties including the consequences associated with insider trading and corporate insolvency breaches.
• Recognise the importance of insurance and indemnities and their limitations.
• Directors of Pty Ltd companies
• Company Secretaries
Lidia Xynas is an Associate Professor in Law and is the current Director of Teaching and Learning, for the College of Law & Justice, at Victoria University.’
Lidia is an academic with many years’ experience as a manager, senior lecturer and active researcher. She is a well-established researcher and author, with her research focus covering the areas of taxation law, corporate and commercial law, and sentencing law. Lidia has also published in the area of Teaching and Learning and has extensive experience is designing and implementing online and face to face programs in Law. Lidia is a demonstrated excellent teacher of law and the recipient of a teaching excellence award from the Australasian Law Teachers Association.
Further Research in CCH iKnow
|Business Continuity & Crisis Management||Webinar Recording|
|Registering Companies and the Implications||Webinar Recording|
|Succession Planning - Exit Strategies (5 of 6)||Webinar Recording|
|Ethics 1: An Introduction to the Code of Ethics||Webinar Recording|