Registering Companies and the Implications
The necessities for registering a company with a particular focus on the requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
There is both a practical and theoretical approach and it is designed for those individuals who are running a business under other structures such as a partnership or sole trader and are considering the benefits of incorporation.
The webinar covers:
• The concept of separate legal identity
• Corporate classifications
• Registration requirements
• Pre-registration contracts and what the implications are for promotors
• Authority to contract for the corporation and its agents
• Outsider assumptions
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• To understand the requirements of registering a company
• To gain an appreciation of the different corporate structures under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
• To appreciate the consequences of registration
• To gain an awareness of corporate and agency authority
Accountants, company secretaries, small business owners and directors in small to medium size companies.
Lidia Xynas is an Associate Professor in Law and is the current Director of Teaching and Learning, for the College of Law & Justice, at Victoria University.’
Lidia is an academic with many years’ experience as a manager, senior lecturer and active researcher. She is a well-established researcher and author, with her research focus covering the areas of taxation law, corporate and commercial law, and sentencing law. Lidia has also published in the area of Teaching and Learning and has extensive experience is designing and implementing online and face to face programs in Law. Lidia is a demonstrated excellent teacher of law and the recipient of a teaching excellence award from the Australasian Law Teachers Association.
Lidia is Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a voting member of both the Tax Institute of Australia and the Law Institute of Victoria and is an Australian Lawyer, admitted in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint Presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting Documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Good Governance to drive Good Outcomes in the NFP sector||Webinar Recording|
|Charities, NFPs and the Internet||Webinar Recording|
|Top 10 Apps for Accountants||Webinar Recording|
|Succession Planning - What, Why, When & How? (1 of 6)||Webinar Recording|