Granny Flats, Life Interests and Home Care Packages
The complexities of Intergenerational living.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $200.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.25
Granny Flat Rights & Life Interests:
This webinar provides detailed case studies highlighting the legal and financial consequences of granny flat arrangements including estate planning, pension entitlement and rent assistance, tax considerations and the impact on future aged care costs.
The idea of family looking after family is not a new story, it has been happening for generations. But what can seem like a simple solution – parents living safely with children close by if help is needed involves a range of legal and financial issues and specialist advice is required.
Home Care Packages:
A key element of enabling someone to continue living at home is access to care. We will examine the range of care services available in the home, the assessment process and the costs associated with different forms of care including means testing arrangements.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand the different forms of granny flat arrangements.
• Identify legal consequences arising from a granny flat.
• Identify the impacts on estate planning, tax, pension entitlement, rent assistance and the future cost of aged care.
• Explain the different forms of care services available in the home.
• Outline the costs associated with accessing care at home.
This session is best suited to professionals who wish to examine Granny Flat and Life Interest arrangements from a wholistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Rachel Lane is the Principal of Aged Care Gurus, where she oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter