Accounting & Technology 2017 - A Year In Review and 2018 Strategies
Learn the one key question that all Accountants need to answer before advising clients in the world of Accounting Technology.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
2017 has continued to see a new software solutions entering the market (we have now exceeded 1000 apps that connect into SMB client accounting systems). For software developers the Accountant has been central to their go to market strategy. However for many Accountants this has created an overwhelming sense of having to learn all of these solutions before advising clients on which one to use in their business. Let alone who to trust in serving their clients. This has led to a state of inertia in providing proactive business advice in the technology space.
2017 has also seen a noticeable (and welcome) shift in major tech companies and key apps further addressing the business needs Firms.
2018 is shaping up to be a year in which mass adoption of Cloud technology begins to occur by the Early Majority of both Clients and Firms. This Tipping Point provides an opportunity for those firms that are willing and prepared to participate in the emerging “Profession within the Profession”.
This session will help you define your Firms (and your Clients) future technology strategy.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- In this session you will learn the one key question that all Accountants need to answer before advising clients in the world of Accounting Technology
- You will also discover the critical questions to ask when partnering with Software Companies in order to avoid the pitfalls of the past
- You will also gain an industry update on Who’s Who In The Accounting Technology Zoo and What Do They Do?
- Plus find out about the key Add Ons that enhance business and practice efficiency and the role you can play in delivering these solutions to your clients.
- Also understand why being Software Supplier Agnostic is possibly not in the best interests of your client.
- Find out about the opportunity that exists for you to transition from Trusted Technology Identifier through to Difference Maker in your clients businesses with the adoption of a proven methodology
- Plus much more that will help you prepare, and benefit from this unique time in history in Accounting Technology
All Accountants, Partners and Directors who want to identify and participate in future growth opportunities for their firms. The session is particularly relevant to anyone involved in the Business and Software Advisory Services of your firm.
Clayton Oates has been recognised as a Thought Leader in the Accounting Technology Profession. In 2015 (and again in 2016 and 2017) he was maned in the Top 25 Accounting Technology Thought Leader list compiled by USA CPA Practice Advisor, becoming the first Australian to be included in this prestigious list. In the past 12 months he has invested more than 60 days attending and presenting at many of the major Accounting Technology events in the USA and Australia. This experience has enabled him to attain unique insights into where technology is heading and the impact it will have on the Accounting Profession and you.
Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business helped thousands of SMB's and their ABC's (Accountants / Bookkeepers / Consultants) in the use of Accounting & Business Technology solutions. The QA Business mission is to help small business and their advisors build stronger, more efficient businesses by implementing technology solutions that not only drive efficiency but also enable business owners and operators to buy back time from their business.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Monash University
- Fellow - Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA)
- Accredited Software Consultant with Various Software Vendors
- Fellow - Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Top 25 Thought Leader in Accounting Technology (USA CPA Practice Advisor)
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask the presenter questions