Small Business Restructure Rollover
A practical guide to understanding and using the new small business rollover rules.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
This webinar will provide a comprehensive, practical overview on the operation of the new small business rollover rules, including:
• How the rules work, including an overview of the basic conditions and the ‘safe harbour’ provisions
• When the rules might be applied by your clients and when they can’t be used
• The tax outcomes that the rollover achieves
• The application of the rules to restructure scenarios involving discretionary trusts
• Key tips to getting the best out of the restructure rollover rules
• Key traps to avoid getting into trouble
• Overview of ATO guidance and how that might affect your clients
• How the restructure rollover interacts with CGT small business concessions
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will gain a practical understanding of how the small business restructure rollover can be used to enable small businesses to grow, restructure and achieve the financial and life goals of the small business owner.
The webinar provides an introductory and intermediate level of knowledge ideal for tax and business advisers, accountants and other professionals who deal on a day to day basis with small businesses, with a particular focus on those looking to provide value added advisory services to help their clients grow and meet the long-term financial goals of their owners.
Mark Chapman has over 25 years experience as a tax professional in both the UK and Australia, specialising in tax for small business and individuals. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Chartered Institute of Taxation and is a fellow of CPA Australia. He holds a Masters of Taxation Law with the University of New South Wales.
Since 2015, Mark has been Director of Tax Communications with H&R Block Australia. He writes regularly on tax issues for numerous media outlets and presents on topical tax topics at seminars and other events. He broadcasts frequently on radio and television and writes a regular column for Money Magazine and Yahoo7 Finance. As a tax practitioner in the UK, he occupied a number of senior positions before moving to Australian in 2007 to join the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a senior director. He is the author of “Life and Taxes: A Look at Life Through Tax”, published by CCH Wolters Kluwer in July 2017 and is a regular presenter of tax focused webinars for CCH Learning.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint Presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting Documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Winding-up Entities & Debt Forgiveness||Webinar Recording|
|Division 7A (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|
|International Tax (3 of 3)||Webinar Recording|
|Death and Taxes||Webinar Recording|