Tax and Healthcare
A practical guide to the interactions between tax and healthcare and what it means for your clients.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
To complement this webinar, we also have a related topic titled Tax Issues for Medical Practitioners.
The Australian government explicitly uses tax to influence health policy. The Medicare levy helps to fund our day to day healthcare whilst a variety of other tax measures either encourage us to take out private health care or penalize us when we don’t.
This webinar is designed to explain all the various tax measures that apply to individuals that relate to health, including:
• Medicare levy, including a detailed overview of exemptions and application to non-residents and temporary residents
• Medicare levy surcharge- how it works, who pays it and who is exempt, including application to families with dependants, newly married couples and separating couples
• Medical Expenses Tax Offset- what can still be claimed?
• Private health insurance rebate
• Lifetime health cover loading
• Completing the tax return to reflect Medicare levy and health insurance
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
As well as providing an overview of the rules, the session will also focus on practical tax planning outcomes to add value to individual taxpayers, including blowing apart some of the myths around tax planning for health insurance perpetrated by the health insurance industry.
Tax practitioners and others dealing with the taxation affairs of individual taxpayers, both resident and non-resident. The session will provide a detailed overview of the rules suitable for introductory and intermediate levels of knowledge.
Mark Chapman is the Director of Tax Communications for H&R Block Australia. He has over 25 years experience as a tax professional in both the UK and Australia, specialising in tax for small business and individuals. Mark is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Chartered Institute of Taxation and is a fellow of CPA Australia. He holds a Masters of Taxation Law with the University of New South Wales.
Mark writes regularly on tax issues for numerous media outlets and presents on topical tax topics at seminars and other events. He broadcasts frequently on radio and television and writes a regular column for Money Magazine and Yahoo7 Finance. As a tax practitioner in the UK, Mark occupied a number of senior positions before moving to Australian in 2007 to join the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a senior director. He is the author of “Life and Taxes: A Look at Life Through Tax”, published by CCH Wolters Kluwer in July 2017 and is a regular presenter of tax focused webinars for CCH Learning.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint Presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting Documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Property Part 1 - Income Tax & Real Property 17.03.2016||Webinar Recording|
|Tax 101 - Basic GST||29 May|
|Doing Business in New Zealand||Webinar Recording|
|Tax when life goes wrong: Losing your job and other disasters||Webinar Recording|