SMSFs and Property
The tricks and traps of acquiring a property within a SMSF.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
Australians love investing in property and even more so when there’s a chance to access the tax benefits of doing so within their SMSF.
But it’s not quite so simple …
This webinar will address the key elements associated with acquiring a property within an SMSF including:
• LRBAs and section 67A
• Safe Harbour guidelines
• whether and when you can renovate or improve the property
• rental of property to a Related Party
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• gain a practical understanding of the specific rules and restrictions surrounding property ownership in an SMSF
• gain an insight into the safe harbor provisions with respect to LRBAs
• come away with an understanding of how a Trustee might unintentionally fall foul of the rules
Paul Rafton is a Superannuation Partner for BDO Australia. He has more than 27 years’ experience in accounting and superannuation fund compliance and administration. In particular, Paul has spent the past 22 years specialising in Self-Managed Superannuation Funds where he advises clients on compliance issues and techniques to enhance and protect their retirement savings.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|SMSFs and the Transfer Balance Cap||Webinar Recording|
|Auditing Related Party Transactions in an SMSF||Webinar Recording|
|Trust Deed reviews for SMSF Auditors||Webinar Recording|
|Introduction to SIS Compliance (2 of 2)||Webinar Recording|