Traps with Acquiring Assets from Related Parties
Lots of tricks and traps with acquiring assets from related parties – don’t get tricked or trapped.
Sep 11Wed 10:30 AM AEST - Wed 11:30 AM AEST Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
There is a blanket ban on transferring assets to an SMSF with some limited exceptions. Transferring assets to or purchasing assets by an SMSF can be tricky business. Hear how the exceptions will allow the trustee of an SMSF to transfer or purchase an asset from a related party that will not fall foul of the SIS legislation. The session will also provide a discussion of the finer points of what is meant by a related party in Part 8 of the legislation.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Understand when assets can be acquired or purchased from related parties.
• Recognise who or what is a related party of an SMSF.
• Examine cases where the finer points of acquisition or purchase is involved.
• Accountants, financial planners and SMSF fund administrators
• Small to medium organisations
• Intermediate to advanced
Phil La Greca, Executive Manager, SMSF Technical & Strategic Solutions for SuperConcepts. Philip is an accomplished SMSF technical expert and a sought-after media commentator on SMSF technical issues. He has over 30 years' experience working in specialist administration, technical and compliance roles with a variety of organisations, including AM Corporation and William Mercer.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Super and the Federal Budget||Webinar Recording|
|How to Audit Personal Use Assets per R.13.18AA||Webinar Recording|
|Contributions Strategies & new types of Contributions for 2018/19||Webinar Recording|
|Trust Deed reviews for SMSF Auditors||Webinar Recording|