FBT 2019: Salary Packaging Essentials
How Salary Packaging can create a “win win” situation for Employers and their Employees.
Jul 25Thu 1:00 PM AEST - Thu 2:30 PM AEST Online
- $220.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1.5
Salary Packaging provides a key solution to offering flexible remuneration to your employees, by providing Employee’s with a pay increase at no additional cost to the Employer. For FBT exempt and rebateable employers Salary Packaging remains a key policy component of remuneration.
The application of the FBT rules will be explained in detail. Key benefits covered in this webinar include Cars, Car Parking, Relocation, LAFH benefits, Remote Area benefits and other Exempt Benefits.
This webinar is suited to those in practice or corporate roles, from beginners to advanced, those involved in FBT reporting or management / policy of salary packaging.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees will be provided with an understanding of salary packaging cars and a variety of other benefits. Guidance will be provided on what can and cannot be packaged, and the various valuation and structuring methods available.
The webinar assists attendees in understanding the concept of salary packaging and how to maximise the benefits of salary sacrificing for employers and employees. Providing practical knowledge to assist in managing and understanding the salary packaging of cars and other benefits. As well as covering the following:
• Understand the concept of salary packaging
• Determine the requirements for an effective salary sacrifice arrangement
• How to salary package
• Calculation examples showing the effect on after tax income for various income levels
• Comparison of Pre-tax FBT method and Post-tax contribution method for Cars and Car Parking
• Comparison of Statutory formula method and Logbook method for Cars and Car Parking
• Salary packaging arrangements for different employer types
• Salary Packaging of:
b) Car Parking
c) Relocation & LAFH benefits
d) Remote Area benefits
e) Portable Electronic Devices including Laptops / Tablets
f) Airline Lounge Memberships
g) School Fees (Expatriates)
h) Mortgage, Rent, Credit Cards
This webinar is designed for all business types and sizes, FBT taxable, FBT exempt, and FBT rebatable employers.
Attendance at this webinar is suitable for those involved in FBT Reporting, Payment Summary Reporting, management of Salary Packaging from both an operational and policy perspective, including:
• HR Personnel (from officers to General HR Managers)
• Tax Accountants
• Tax Managers
• Payroll Accountants
• Payroll Managers and their teams
• Finance Managers
• Fleet Managers
• Salary Packaging Managers
• Tax agents and tax advisors
• Accountants in Public Practice
Paul Mather, Founder and Director of FBT Salary Packaging Solutions is a Registered Tax Agent, a Chartered Tax Adviser and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in Australia and New Zealand, with over 20 years of specialist experience in FBT, Salary Packaging and Payroll. Paul’s client base ranges from large corporates, multi-nationals, SME’s, start-ups, not for profits and Government organisations.
Your webinar purchase includes:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Commercial Debt Forgiveness & Debt: Equity||Webinar Recording|
|GST Issues in Real Property – September 2017||Webinar Recording|
|Small Business Restructure Rollover||Webinar Recording|
|Best practice for managing employee expenses||Webinar Recording|