R&D Tax Incentive
Claiming the R&D Tax Incentive and understanding the ATO’s and AusIndustry’s position on eligibility.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
The purpose of this webinar will be to discuss the Federal Government’s flagship innovation programme, the ‘R&D Tax Incentive’, the benefits of claiming the R&D Tax Incentive and the latest updates to R&D Tax Incentive changes announced in 2018 federal budget.
Further discussion points will include AusIndustry and the ATO’s guidance material and their positions regarding eligible core and supporting activities and, preferred methods for apportioning expenses. A number of case studies will be discussed as well, specifically around record keeping and governance requirements.
The session will cover:
- An overview of the R&D Tax Incentive programme
- General eligibility criteria.
- Benefits of claiming the R&D Tax Incentive
- Update on the status of the R&D Tax Incentive
- Proposed changes to the R&D Tax Incentive
- AusIndustry & ATO guidance material/positions
- Eligible core R&D activities
- Eligible supporting R&D activities i.e. activities directly-related to or for the dominant purpose of supporting the core R&D activity
- Record keeping.
- Substantiation and governance requirements
- Types of adequate record keeping to demonstrate that R&D activities were undertaken, the eligible expenditure was incurred in relation to the R&D activities and, if the R&D activities and expenditure meet all legislative requirements for eligibility.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- Identifying eligibility to claim the R&D Tax Incentive
- Benefits from claiming the R&D Tax Incentive
- Interpreting AusIndustry and ATO guidance material/positions
- What records/documentation are adequate to meet substantiation and governance requirements
Industries of all sizes – introductory.
Nicola Purser is a Partner at BDO. She leads the Research and Development (R&D) and Government Incentives team at BDO in Brisbane. Nicola is acknowledged as a leading R&D tax advisor, having presented to various bodies on R&D incentives and innovation policies in Australia.
Nicola has a depth of expertise in national and international R&D incentive programs, having managed large and complex claim engagements in Australia and the USA. In addition to advice and claim preparation, Nicola supports financial investment decisions by modelling R&D benefits over the life of projects. She has also prepared numerous successful grant applications under the Start, Commercial Ready, Climate Ready and Clean Energy Future Programs, and managed Australian Taxation Office and AusIndustry reviews and audits.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter