An Introduction to Aged Care Advice
Learn the important elements to delivering Aged Care Advice
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
This is an introductory webinar regarding Aged Care Advice, it is well suited for any financial planner, lawyer or accountant wishing to gain an understanding of the costs associated with aged care.
As people get older they may need to access care. Care can be delivered in the home or it may become necessary to move into a residential aged care facility.
The Commonwealth Government subsidises a range of aged care services, in this webinar we will provide an overview of the costs associated with accessing both types of care and the Government funding.
We will discuss the framework of the legislation and also provide case studies to highlight the main financial considerations that need to be considered when providing advice to clients and their families.
The webinar is for any professional wanting to gain an insight into the key elements of the costs associated with Home Care, Residential Aged Care and the impact of legislation on an individual’s assets.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• Identify and discuss the key drivers of the Aged Care industry
• Understand the types of care and costs associated with care delivered in the home.
• Identify the different accommodation choices for residents.
• Understand the residential aged care fees and charges.
• Evaluate and consider the legal, financial, assess and affordability of a variety of care options.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe who is the Head of Research and Technical Advice for Aged Care Gurus. Jemma has been working in consulting and research for the past 13 years. Together with Rachel Lane (Principle of Aged Care Gurus) their business is about delivering quality advice and education to professionals about retirement living and residential aged care. She holds a Masters of Applied Finance and is a sessional lecturer at UTS.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter