Single Touch Payroll – What You Must Know!
Your definitive guide to getting STP ready (and right) for you and your clients
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
This session is essential for anyone planning on (or is already) advising or implementing Single Touch Payroll (STP) with clients.
Followed on by this session Single Touch Payroll – A Catalyst for Proactive Advisory.
Single Touch Payroll is just one component of the Governments, much larger, “2025 Digital Transformation Strategy”, however it is the one that will have the greatest impact (since GST) on small businesses and their advisors. So how can you ensure that you (and your clients) are ready for the STP rollout.
The first 10 months of the system (for larger employers) has now provided us an opportunity to review what has worked and what hasn’t when on-boarding clients into the STP system. This session will identify, de-mystify and answer the questions and concerns that have surfaced during this time and provide you insights to use for the remainder of the STP rollout to more than 780,000 smaller employers over the coming months.
If you have any clients who have employees, then this session is not to be missed.
PLUS BONUS STP IMPLEMENTATION CHECKLIST (Valued at $99):
- A comprehensive checklist designed to assist you and your clients in the STP rollout. Including pre and post implementation payroll systems review. (editable in a word format so you can customise to suit your firms and client’s needs).
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- Why is STP being imposed on employers?
- Why opting in before 1 July this year may not be in the client’s best interests
- Lessons learnt so far from the first year of STP by larger employers
- What clients don’t have to start reporting on the 1st of July
- Why INB Payment Summaries may still be required to be provided to employees
- Exemptions and Concessions; What are they and who qualifies for them?
- Understanding the 3 different Types of pay events that can be submitted to the ATO
- What information must be provided to the ATO (and how) before commencing STP.
- How to handle errors or omissions in pay runs
- Changes to reporting of Allowances
- Critical timing of Reportable FBT processing
- Concession for Closely Held employees
- What’s different in The Transition Year,
- End of Year process for those already in the STP system including the Finalisation Notification
- Micro-Business (1-4 employees) Concessions
- Accessing and reviewing your submitted STP data
- Contractors and STP
- BAS / PAYG reporting Changes
- No Cost and Low Cost Software Solutions, are they worth recommending?
- Agents obligations when lodging STP data on behalf of clients
- How to submit STP data to the ATO
- The broader STP opportunity for agents
- How to structure the STP rollout to your clients
This session is best suited to Accountants within Accounting Firms who are involved (or will be involved) in the implementation of Single Touch Payroll with clients. The session would also be relevant to any employer (large or small) who is wanting to learn more about STP and the implication and impact on their business.
Clayton Oates is the Chief Solutions Officer for QA Business. He is also an Accounting Technologist who for the past 5 years has been named as a Top Accounting Technology Leader by USA CPA Practice Advisor. Importantly Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business continues to help thousands of SMB's and their advisors in the use of Accounting & Business systems solutions. Clayton has also been extensively involved in the Single Touch Payroll rollout to employers over the past 12 months which has enabled him to gain unique insights in the practical application of the STP system.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Monash University
- Accredited Software Consultant with Various Software Vendor
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA)
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Ethics 3: Ethics for CAANZ Members in Business||Webinar Recording|
|Issues with Super Fund Investments, GST and SMSFs||Webinar Recording|
|Introduction to PivotTables & PivotCharts||Webinar Recording|
|Data Analytics and Dashboards (3 of 5)||Webinar Recording|