Asset Reduction Strategies for Aged Care and Pension
Reducing the impact of Pension and Aged Care asset testing.
Stream this recording multiple times at your convenience.
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
In this webinar we will discuss the key considerations associated with pension entitlement and aged care means testing and identify ways individuals can reduce the cost of care by reducing their assessable assets.
The topics covered include:
1. Pension means testing arrangements
2. Understanding the cost of care for an individual
3. Means tested care fee
4. Assets and income test what is included and excluded
5. Strategies for reducing assessable assets for pension
6. Strategies for reducing assessable asset for aged care
We will look at the key costs associated with care and what strategies are in place to enhance the pension, minimise care costs and provide choice for the individual. We will also discuss future consequences and estate planning.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Understand the means testing arrangements of pension entitlement and the cost of aged care. Identify and implement a range of asset reduction strategies to improve pension and aged care outcomes.
Industry Professionals, Financial Planners, Para Planners, Accountants and Lawyers.
Jemma Briscoe is the Head of Research and Technical Advice for Aged Care Gurus. Jemma has been working in consulting and research for the past 13 years. Together with Rachel Lane (Principle of Aged Care Gurus) their business is about delivering quality advice and education to professionals about retirement living and residential aged care. Jemma holds a Masters of Applied Finance and is a sessional lecturer at UTS.
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Any Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter