Single Touch Payroll – A Catalyst for Proactive Advisory
How to help clients beyond the compliance.
Jun 20Thu 1:00 PM AEST - Thu 2:00 PM AEST Online
- $180.00 incl. GST
- PD hours: 1
In this session Clayton Oates will explain the opportunity that Single Touch Payroll (STP) affords Accountants to further connect with their Small Business Clients as they assist the 780,000+ smaller employers required to enter the STP system by 30 September 2019.
This is also the perfect follow up to this session Single Touch Payroll – What You Must Know!
STP could be the greatest advisory opportunity for Accountants since the introduction of GST and this webinar is essential for anyone planning on (or already) advising or implementing Single Touch Payroll (STP) with clients.
This session is designed to help you utilise the STP conversation as a catalyst to deliver additional value added services in the payroll arena to your SMB clients.
INCLUDES a Payroll Review checklist template that you can adapt for use in your own firm.
If you have any clients who have employees, then this session is not to be missed.
Single Touch Payroll is just one component of the Government’s, much larger, “2025 Digital Transformation Strategy”, however it is the one that will have the greatest impact (since GST) on small businesses and their advisors. Join Clayton to ensure that you (and your clients) are ready for the STP rollout.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
• How to initiate Payroll Review for each of your clients
• The key areas where clients are typically most vulnerable in a Fair Work Audit
• Various ways to price this new service offering
• Discovering the key benefits to clients
• Understanding why Accountants are naturally suited to initiate and provide this service to clients
• How to communicate to clients the benefits of undertaking a Payroll Review
• What to include in a Payroll Review
• Why most small businesses don’t have a handle on their leave liabilities and what to do about this
This session is best suited to Accountants within Accounting Firms who are involved (or will be involved) in the implementation of Single Touch Payroll with clients. Plus any firm looking to extend their proactive service offerings to clients.
Clayton Oates is the Chief Solutions Officer for QA Business. He is also an Accounting Technologist who for the past 5 years has been named as a Top Accounting Technology Leader by USA CPA Practice Advisor. Importantly Clayton speaks from experience; starting out his professional life at PwC (Melbourne) followed by time in Industry before moving to Northern NSW where he established QA Business (a specialist IT consultancy division within an Accounting group). Now independently operated, QA Business continues to help thousands of SMB's and their advisors in the use of Accounting & Business systems solutions. Clayton has also been extensively involved in the Single Touch Payroll rollout to employers over the past 12 months which has enabled him to gain unique insights in the practical application of the STP system.
Claytons Professional Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) Monash University
- Accredited Software Consultant with Various Software Vendor
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA)
You will be provided with:
• PowerPoint presentation slide deck
• Supporting documentation
• Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
• An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
|Tax 101 - Residency||17 Sep|
|Trusts (3 of 3) – Elections, Trust Loss Provisions & CGT Planning||Webinar Recording|
|Fixing up a Rental Property - The Tax Implications||Webinar Recording|
|Imputation Fundamentals||Webinar Recording|